• A complete historical review of the entire 997 series
• How to identify and authenticate a 997
• What to look for when purchasing
• How to service the 997
• Describes the engine, engine management and cooling systems
• Details transmission, running gear, traction enhancement, wheel and tyres
• Full explanation of all installed electronic systems
• How to troubleshoot and repair the 997
• How to improve engine performance, aerodynamics and handling
• A complete review of the 997 on the race track
Carrying on Adrian Streather’s tradition of exemplary Porsche 911 technical guides, this book contains everything a 997 owner needs to know, plus a lot more. From engines and transmissions to engine management software – no matter what model of 997, it’s all covered here.
This book on the Porsche 911 (997) is the fifth of six planned in The Essential Companion series, and the fourth with Veloce Publishing. It carries on the tradition established with Adrian Streather’s first Porsche 911 book on the 964 series, and contains everything a 997 owner needs to know, plus a lot more.
The 997 series was the first to be fitted with Japanese-manufactured transmissions; this then-new technology, and the transmission details, is explained in depth. All other new technology advancements installed into the first generation 997 are also described, along with details of all the advantages and improvements the 997 has over previous 911 series.
Every 2004 to 2012 model year version is described, along with the 3.6- and 3.8-litre engines, and the associated engine management software combinations for the many different national variants.
In other words, no matter where on the planet a 997 owner resides, their version of the car is covered in this book.