From the 6 Porsches that were offered for sale during the RM Sotheby’s Auction at Villa Erba last weekend, 2 of them remained unsold. The 1989 Porsche 911 Speedster and the 1988 Porsche 959 Komfort couldn’t find a new owner. Where the 1989 Porsche 911 Speedster has never been the most wanted Porsche ever, one might be a bit surprised about the fact that the 1988 Porsche 959 Komfort remained unsold. The car has only 12.500 original kilometres after all. Maybe too many of the Porsche 959’s have recently been offered for sale? Or is the collectors market not that much into sophisticated cars like the Porsche 959. After all, recently at the Amelia Island Auction earlier this year, a similar Porsche 959 Komfort didn’t change hands either. However, at the January 2017 Scottsdale’s Auctions, 2 more of these Porsche 959 Komfort were hammered at pretty prices.
After all the fuzz made on the highly original 1993 Porsche 964 Carrera RSR that was coming on the block, the collectors world was watching the results closely. No surprise this car with barely no kilometers on the tacho fetched a stunning €2.016.000. I guess now everyone is wondering whether the car will remain in this pristine condition, or if it will be used on the road by the new owner.
We were rather surprised to see the Porsche 918 Spyder catch a hammer price of €1.456.000. Agreed, the Porsche 918 Spyder is not the car that you will find in a garage at the corner of the street. But nevertheless, when you are in the market for a car like that, you’ll find a similar one for less. Anyway both seller and buyer are happy.
- Lot 122 – 1989 Porsche 911 Speedster – Estimate: €240,000-260,000. UNSOLD
- Lot 128 – 1954 Porsche 356 Pre-A Speedster – Estimate: €330,000-360,000. Sold for €336.000
- Lot 133 – 1993 Porsche Typ 964 Carrera RSR 3.8 – Estimate: €2,000,000-2,200,000. Sold for €2.016.000
- Lot 138 – 1988 Porsche Typ 959 Komfort – Estimate: €925,000-1.050,000. UNSOLD
- Lot 142 – 2015 Porsche Typ 918 Spyder – Estimate: €1,200,000-1,400,000. Sold for €1.456.000
- Lot 152 – 2016 Porsche Typ 991 911R – Estimate: €390,000-440,000.ec Sold for €358.400
Pictures courtesy of RM Sotheby’s