The eye catcher of the RM Sotheby’s auction at Villa Erba is without any doubt the pristine 1993 Porsche 964 Carrera RSR 3.8. Not only is this a very rare car, as only 51 ever left the factory in Zuffenhausen. The car that will be auctioned is undoubtedly the most original Porsche 964 Carrera RSR in existence. The car has only 10 kilometers on the tachometer, and is still covered with with the factory-applied Cosmoline. What makes the car even more special is that the current owner order the car in a special-order Polar Silver over a completely guards red leather interior. Only 2 cars were ever built with a fully trimmed interior. The car will definitely go to a major collection, even though the expected hammer price is not for the faint of heart, with an estimate of €2,000,000-2,200,000.
The Porsche 918 Spyder that crosses the block is the only 918 produced in Porsche’s historic Arrow Blue. It has a single ownership and only 11.000 kilometers fro new. I don’t see any reason why the car wouldn’t catch the reserve price.
Since the release of the 2016 Porsche 911R, quite some of the limited production cars, found a new owner at different auctions. Last year a Porsche 911R was hammered at the Bonhams Auction at the Zoute GP in Belgium at a price of 483.000 premiums included. We heard of Porsche 911R’s being sold privately for much higher prices. So once again, wo don’t think there won’t be a bidder that will dig deep in his wallet to acquire a car that left the factory as a collectors item.
- Lot 122 – 1989 Porsche 911 Speedster – Estimate: €240,000-260,000.
- Lot 128 – 1954 Porsche 356 Pre-A Speedster – Estimate: €330,000-360,000.
- Lot 133 – 1993 Porsche Typ 964 Carrera RSR 3.8 – Estimate: €2,000,000-2,200,000.
- Lot 138 – 1988 Porsche Typ 959 Komfort – Estimate: €925,000-1.050,000.
- Lot 142 – 2015 Porsche Typ 918 Spyder – Estimate: €1,200,000-1,400,000.
- Lot 152 – 2016 Porsche Typ 991 911R – Estimate: €390,000-440,000.ec
Pictures courtesy of RM Sotheby’s